1 kg chicken thigh fillets, skinned and chopped
1 tbsp garlic, crushed
1 tbsp ginger, grated
40 g ground almonds
3 tbsp Spice Fusion Tandoori Masala
2 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
375 g tomato paste
2 cups Greek-style yoghurt
40 g butter
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 onions, finely chopped
150 ml (3 sachets) Ayam brand coconut milk powder
mixed with 400 ml warm water
4 tbsp coriander leaves
2 tsp Spice Fusion Garam Masala
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, garlic, ginger, ground almonds, Tandoori Masala, cayenne pepper, tomato paste and yoghurt.
- Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan and saute the onion until translucent, about 3 minutes
- Add chicken mixture and coconut milk; heat to boiling.
- Turn down heat and simmer, lid off, for about 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in coriander leaves and garam masala and heat for another 5 minutes.
Tandoori Lamb & Chicken Platter
8 small lamb cutlets
4 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
2 tbsp Spice Fusion Tandoori Masala
3 cloves garlic, crushed
5 cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
1 cup natural Greek-style yoghurt
1 tbsp melted butter or ghee
- Combine garlic, ginger, Tandoori Masala and yoghurt and mix well.
- Place lamb cutlets and drumsticks in a non-metal dish and pour in the yoghurt mixture, ensuring each cutlet and drumstick is well coated.
- Cover and leave to marinate for at least
30 minutes at room temperature (or marinate for 2 to 24 hours in the refrigerator).
- Heat a stovetop grill or barbecue on high. Remove chicken from marinade and place on greased griller plate. Drizzle butter over chicken and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning regularly until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place lamb cutlets on grill plate and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked to your liking.
500 g lean minced beef
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
1½-2 tbsp Spice Fusion Tandoori Masala
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp finely chopped tomato (fresh or canned)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 egg, lightly beaten
coriander or parsley leaves, finely chopped
2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil and mix thoroughly.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in frying pan and cook patties until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with Spiced Yoghurt Dressing spooned over or on the side.
½ cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
1 tbsp Spice Fusion Ground Coriander
½ tsp Spice Fusion Ground Cumin
pinch chilli powder
Combine all ingredients together.