Goan-style Pork Vindaloo
600 g boneless pork shoulder, cubed
1 tsp turmeric
1½ tsp salt
½-1 tsp cracked black pepper
the curry paste
1-10 red chillies, depending on taste
1 large onion, roughly chopped
3 cm ginger, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1 tbsp Spice Fusion Garam Masala
75 ml malt vinegar
3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Mix pork, turmeric and salt in a large mixing bowl and leave aside while you make the curry paste.
- Soak chillies in hot water to cover; set aside
for 10 minutes.
- Process chillies and their soaking liquid, onion, ginger, garlic, garam masala and vinegar to make a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil and fry the pork until browned on all sides, adding a dash of water if the meat starts to stick.
- Add curry paste and stir well.
- Check seasoning, then
pour in enough hot water to cover the meat.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover, and
simmer for about an hour, or until the meat is tender and the sauce has
Lamb Rogan Josh
600 g boneless lamb
2 tbsp ghee or vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
2 bay leaves
1½ tbsp Spice Fusion Garam Masala
1 tsp ground sweet paprika
½ tsp ground chilli
1½ tbsp almond meal
1 cup canned tomatoes with their liquid
¾ cup natural yoghurt or sour cream
2 potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks (optional)
½-3/4 cup water
salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- Cut lamb into 2 cm cubes.
- Saute in ghee or oil until lightly browned, then remove from pan.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and bay leaves to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Return the lamb, add the remaining ingredients and simmer gently for about an hour or until meat is tender.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
500 g firm white fish fillets
3 tbsp plain flour
3 tbsp besan (chickpea) flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp Spice Fusion Garam Masala
½ tsp turmeric
1 egg, well beaten
3-4 tbsp vegetable or canola oil