Tofu & Vegetable Stir-fry (new)
2 tbsp peanut oil
1-2 tbsp Spice Fusion Chinese Five Spice
1 onion, chopped into thin wedges
5 cm ginger, julienned
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 x 250 g packet firm tofu, cut into cubes or matchsticks
1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
1 red capsicum, cut into matchsticks
1 zucchini, sliced into matchsticks
4 or more tbsp kecap manis
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Wrap the tofu in paper towel and press to remove any moisture.
- Place tofu in a bowl and sprinkle Chinese Five Spice over. Mix well so that all of the tofu is coated with the spice.
- Heat oil in wok, add garlic, ginger and onion and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tofu and vegetables and continue stir-frying for a few minutes longer, making sure the vegetables are crisp.
- Add kecap manis, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve with chopped coriander and rice or noodles.
Honey & Five Spice Chicken
½ cup honey, warmed in microwave
1 tsp Spice Fusion Chinese Five Spice Blend
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 kg chicken pieces
- Combine honey, five spice blend, garlic and soy sauce in a jug.
- Place chicken in a large, shallow glass or ceramic dish, add honey mixture and mix well to coat chicken.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Line baking trays with baking paper and place chicken pieces on paper, reserving marinade.
- Cook chicken for about 45 minutes, turning over and basting with marinade after 20 minutes.
- Delicious eaten hot or cold.